Hey there adventurous beta users.
Later today, we’ll update the beta version of Workflowy to fix a bug causing issues with mentions and updates.
Due to how bug fixes are released to each platform, you could potentially run into the issue of not receiving mention or update notifications if you and your collaborators are using different versions of Workflowy.
What is the issue?
Basically, mentions and updates were not saving their status – so you would mark something as read and it would appear as unread sometime later.
The fix we’ll release today takes care of that, however, everyone that you’re collaborating with needs to be using the latest version or you will not receive any new mention or update notifications.
Who does this affect?
If you are currently using the mentions and updates features in beta or production then this update is relevant for you.
What do I need to do?
All beta versions of Workflowy with the fix will be available later today except for the mobile app which takes a couple of days to be published.
All regular versions of Workflowy with the fix will be available on Tuesday (May 24), except for the mobile app which takes a couple of days to be published.
If you are using the beta version of Workflowy
- Beta web browser version (beta.workflowy.com) – No need to do anything, the app will update on its own and you shouldn’t notice anything different.
- Beta desktop app – Download the latest version of the beta app from beta.workflowy.com/download
- Beta mobile app – The beta mobile app will take a couple of days to be available in mobile app stores so please switch to the beta web app or the beta desktop app in the meantime.
If you are using the regular version of Workflowy (Production)
- Web browser version (workflowy.com) – Please switch to the beta web app until the fix is available on Tuesday (May 24) in the regular web app.
- Desktop app – Please switch to either the beta web app or the beta desktop app until the fix is released on the regular desktop app on Tuesday (May 24).
- Mobile app – The regular mobile app will be released on Tuesday (May 24) but will take a couple of days to be available in mobile app stores so please switch to the beta web app or the beta desktop app in the meantime.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
After Tuesday (May 24) it will not matter which version of the app you use, they will all have the fix.