I’ve been working on a desktop app for WorkFlowy, and it’s almost ready to go. Before we launch it, though, it would be super helpful if people would try it out and report any issues.
If you’re using WorkFlowy as your information home base, the desktop app is just a much better experience than the web app. Here’s why:
Why Desktop Is Better
- Full offline support
- Super fast startup
- More quickly accessible
I’m super happy about this impending release. I think it will become the primary way people use WorkFlowy on their computers.
Please install it and give feedback!
Once you install it, you can either leave comments on this post, or email email@example.com with the subject: “[desktop] whatever your subject is”
Here are instructions for each of the three platforms the app will support:
After installing these apps, they will automatically update with new versions of WorkFlowy as we release them.
How to Install WorkFlowy for Windows
- Download WorkFlowy For Windows
- The file finishes downloading, click “Run”
- Windows will give you a big warning because the app is new and hasn’t been installed many times yet. To get around this, When you see the big blue window with the “Don’t Run” button, you have to click “More info” and then click “Run Anyway”.
How to Install WorkFlowy for Mac
- Download WorkFlowy For Mac
- Open the WorkFlowy-0.0.1.dmg file
- Drag the WorkFlowy icon onto your application folder, like normal.
How to Install WorkFlowy for Linux
- Download WorkFlowy For Linux
- Open your terminal and change the permissions on the file to allow execution, so something like the following (with a longer file name):
chmod a+x WorkFlowy.AppImage
- Click on the WorkFlow.AppImage file or run from the terminal while you’re in there
UPDATE: The scheduled webinar has been postponed to March 23rd, 11AM PST due to technical issues at the time of the webinar. You can go ahead and re-register with this link.
The 4th of our biweekly WorkFlowy Academy webinars is just around the corner. We’re taking the (productivity) bull by the horns and delving into several classic prioritization techniques. If there ever was a webinar not to be missed, this is the one! Martine Ellis from martineellis.com will also be joining us for a bit of lively banter. Continue reading “WorkFlowy Webinar: Prioritizing Your To-Do’s in WorkFlowy – A Veritable Productivity Smörgåsbord”
In the February 23rd WorkFlowy webinar, we looked at task management using the Kanban Calendar. The Kanban Calendar is a mashup of the GTD-ish Ticker File, the Eisenhower Matrix and basic Kanban principles. Plus there’s a way to totally automate it with the “Forever Calendar“, linked to below.
Here’s the Kanban Calendar screencast we looked at (yours truly on the harmonica!): Continue reading “The Kanban Calendar for Tracking Tasks in WorkFlowy”
UPDATE: The webinar scheduled for February 16th has been postponed to February 23rd. If you had previously registered for February 16th, please go ahead and re-register via the link below.
The 3rd of our biweekly WorkFlowy Academy webinars will be 2 weeks from now!
We’ll have a demonstration of how to manage your tasks in WorkFlowy using the Kanban Calendar… and how to automate the creation of your calendar.
See the registration link below…
Continue reading “Register for the 3rd WorkFlowy Webinar on Task Management”
Yesterday’s webinar with Jesse Patel (WorkFlowy co-founder) was an exciting and informative one for anyone who’s been a WorkFlowy fan for… say, more than a week. WorkFlowy users put every question imaginable to Jesse as we talked about future development and WorkFlowy’s sustainability as a company. It was a huge highlight for tons of people. Oh – and there was a quick 5-minute “Kanban 101” presentation.
TIP: If you’d like to jump back and forth along the webinar timeline, just hit the YouTube logo bottom right. (Although you won’t see chat comments from WorkFlowy users).
I used “Random Line Picker” with the list of webinar attendees to do a lucky draw. I’ll be emailing Chris, Heather, Roger and Joe with a complimentary copy of my WorkFlowy book… and Łukasz who’ll be getting a complimentary WorkFlowy Academy 36+ screencast package – basically a lifetime subscription to all of the screencasts I’ll ever produce.
WorkFlowy Slack group
Birds of a feather flock together. There’s now a Slack group up and running for those of the WorkFlowy feather (Pssst!…there’s a 500-member limit).
Give a WorkFlowy piece of yourself
During the webinar I made a call to action for people to send me screencasts of how they use WorkFlowy – especially in your diverse professions. A shared WorkFlowy list/ template would also be incredibly valuable to other users 😉
In just 2 weeks from now I’ll be delving into task management and prioritization in WorkFlowy. That’s a massive one! I’ll keep you posted!
There was quite a turnout to the 1st WorkFlowy webinar of 2017 – just 2 weeks ago. Quite a crowd of WorkFlowy users who could not attend the live event were able to watch the replay. This meant that our Aussie friends didn’t have to be up at 3AM.
Go ahead and register for the January 26th webinar right away. It’s only 2 days away! Come and hang out with the WorkFlowy community – people from scores of countries across the globe. There’s a lively live chat you can participate in and get your questions and thoughts across.
What’s on the cards?
1. A brief show and tell of how the dead-easy Kanban organizational principles play out in WorkFlowy: it’s time to bring order to your projects’ chaos.
2. A Q&A with Jesse Patel, WorkFlowy co-founder! Show some love for his brilliant brainchild or bring a couple of your questions.
3. A giveaway of 4 of my WorkFlowy books and a lifetime WorkFlowy Academy 36+ screencast package.
When is it?
Thursday, January 26th at 11AM PST/ 7PM UTC. Click on the link to see the time in your neck of the woods.
More info. please!
– The webinar will run for 30 minutes. You can squeeze a Pomodoro in anywhere! Q&A will likely extend past that.
– There will be a replay… so be sure to register, even if you can’t attend the live event!
See you there!… and, once again…
The first WorkFlowy webinar just came and went… but you can follow the link below to watch the replay! I talked about structuring your WorkFlowy account… and navigating to your lists really quickly.
Almost 300 WorkFlowy users from scores of different countries showed up and posed an eclectic mix of questions in the Q&A in the latter part of the webinar.
If you watch the replay past the 35-minute mark, I’ll include you in an additional giveaway of 4 of my WorkFlowy books… and a WorkFlowy Academy 36+ screencast package.
(The replay is expiring soon)
- 00:00 – 00:02 | Me wiping my mouth on my sleeve
- 00:02 – 35:00 | A WorkFlowy show and tell
- 35:00 – 01:55:00 | Q&A
2 quick polls
Here are the results of 2 quick polls I did during the webinar:
As we can see…
- Half of the people who voted in the 1st poll have set up their WorkFlowy lists “totally organically”. Only 8% “don’t have enough lists yet to warrant organization.”
- Just over half of the voters in the 2nd poll see “Putting (their) lists in the right place” as a bigger challenge than “Finding/ navigating to (their) lists easily”.