Preview the WorkFlowy Desktop App

April 18, 2017

I’ve been working on a desktop app for WorkFlowy, and it’s almost ready to go. Before we launch it, though, it would be super helpful if people would try it out and report any issues.

If you’re using WorkFlowy as your information home base, the desktop app is just a much better experience than the web app. Here’s why:

Why Desktop Is Better

• Full offline support
  • Super fast startup
  • More quickly accessible

I’m super happy about this impending release. I think it will become the primary way people use WorkFlowy on their computers.

Please install it and give feedback!

Once you install it, you can either leave comments on this post, or email help@workflowy.com with the subject: “[desktop] whatever your subject is”

Here are instructions for each of the three platforms the app will support:

After installing these apps, they will automatically update with new versions of WorkFlowy as we release them.

How to Install WorkFlowy for Windows

1. Download WorkFlowy For Windows
  2. The file finishes downloading, click “Run”
  3. Windows will give you a big warning because the app is new and hasn’t been installed many times yet. To get around this, When you see the big blue window with the “Don’t Run” button, you have to click “More info” and then click “Run Anyway”.

image202017-04-1720at206-38-1320pm-public

How to Install WorkFlowy for Mac

1. Download WorkFlowy For Mac
  2. Open the WorkFlowy-0.0.1.dmg file
  3. Drag the WorkFlowy icon onto your application folder, like normal.

How to Install WorkFlowy for Linux

1. Download WorkFlowy For Linux
  2. Open your terminal and change the permissions on the file to allow execution, so something like the following (with a longer file name):
    chmod a+x WorkFlowy.AppImage
  3. Click on the WorkFlow.AppImage file or run from the terminal while you’re in there
  4. ./WorkFlowy.AppImage

Bob
Bob

“The print function doesn’t work on Win 10. Nothing happens after selecting Printer. The shortcut Ctrl+P is not working for me.”

Just tested this. Print IS working for me on Win 10 after selecting Printer. The shortcut Ctrl+P IS working for me.”

Krissa Stroop
Krissa Stroop

Love how well it scales down to side-bar size, but wish it had an “Always on Top” option so I didn’t have to toggle so much.

Reply to  Krissa Stroop

Yeah, I’ve actually been wanting this as well! Was wondering if others would want that.

Writch
Writch

Yes, please.

Writch
Writch

Yes, please.

Or make it dockable to a/the desktop. There’s an option in OneNote where you can dock a Quick Note, which would resize the remaining part of the display for other apps or the main OneNote app. That way nothing obscures the other while you have 2 workflows in parallel. https://goo.gl/CsZn7h

MiriamJeannette

SUPER excited about this. I’ll be downloading and installing today.

askryukovskiy

Hope it will be fixed soon!

Thx!

Lo-Pan
Lo-Pan

Working fine on Ubuntu Mate 17.04.
Yeah I don’t understand people whinging about something that is free, even if they personally aren’t getting any extra utility from it yet.
Thanks for not leaving Linux out in the cold!

Perry
Perry

I was informed from Workflowy support that Spellcheck was added to the app and in order to active I would need to reinstall. I have reinstalled the only version available 0.0.1, but do not see this enhancement.

Reply to  Perry

Hrm, I’m not sure that was accurate. I think they may have been thinking about the Chrome App, which is different.

askryukovskiy

Dear Jesse,

Just re-installed WF Desktop on Win10. No spellchecking still… It is a critcial issue for many of us!
Thank you in advance!

B
B

FYI, spelling mistakes don’t show up in this — at least for me

Brinki
Brinki
Reply to  B

i can´t install on Windows 10 What is the problem ?

Rajiv Mote

I’ve closed my browser tab at work and home and am using the app on Mac and Windows. No problems. Hypothetically tabs could be a nice enhancement, but to be honest, I haven’t had much need to use them.

Reply to  Rajiv Mote

Thanks for the feedback!

MSeymour
MSeymour

I really love the new desktop app – enough to leave a comment, which is something I NEVER do. It’s disheartening that some people have chosen to be so out and out negative in their comments, especially when this is a preview. When a developer is thoughtful enough to reach out to users and encourage feedback, I think users should be responsible enough to reply thoughtfully.

Anyway 🙂 The one thing I miss from the desktop app when compared to use through a browser is the automatic spellcheck a browser provides. Would love to see something like that added to the app someday.

Thanks for all of your work WorkFlowy team!

Reply to  MSeymour

Thanks for the kind words. I think people are just frustrated because development has been so slow the past few years, and I completely understand that.

I’m hoping to turn it around so that we can really have some progress, though, and then hopefully people will start to feel happier about the state of the product.

James Kuijpers
Reply to  Jesse Patel

I’m totally happy with the state of the product. There is nothing that touches it. Sure, everything can always grow, but let’s not forget our roots.

I use both the app and the website. I can’t install the app at work, but I can use it offline. The app loads faster (the new app even more so) and the website allows for more customization. Usually have them both open. They compliment each other.

As long as you keep the simple and fast interface, all’s good in the world.

Cameron Peterson
Cameron Peterson

It seems to work fine for me. I do prefer using Chrome still because of the “page” view rather than full screen, but I’m sure that will come down the road. (If not, please consider doing his. Without it, it feels a little bit like a .txt document.) I did notice though that the chrome version seem to have a little bit of a crisper font than the desktop. The desktop app seemed to be a little fuzzier and made me want to put on my glasses or something. Just an initial observation. I look forward to reminders and dates!

Paul
Paul

App works great for me on my mac.

I would love to add styles as others have mentioned, and centered text would be nice. However, I believe that the following issue should be addressed before final release:

When I select multiple items to delete, the “delete all” selection is buried beneath the Keyboard Shortcuts panel. At first I thought that the delete functionality had been left out in this release. After I realized what was going on, I tried to stretch the window to make room but the problem persists however wide I make the window.

Joilence

It seems that the icon of Workflowy Mac is too large in the Dock, compare to other application on the Mac. I’ve got some screenshots but have no idea where I should send.

steveylang
Reply to  Joilence

Ha ha, I didn’t notice this but checked and I guess you are right. The icon is a square that seems to use all the available pixels. The System Preferences icon is also a square, but is a bit smaller. It doesn’t bother me though. 😉

Reply to  steveylang

Fixing this now

Writch
Writch

So far so good on my Win 10.

1. I’m relieved to read above that you are working on a stylesheet option.
2. Also agree with and glad you caught rawbytz’s hover menu addition for URLs
3. For folks on the Win platform and want multiple sessions for side-by-side: if you RIGHT-click on an active taskbar icon, you can start another instance of the program. Then just tile ’em up as before (e.g. using Win-arrow button combos).

trackback

[…] 워크플로위가 데스크톱 출시 계획을 블로그를 통해 밝혔네요. 일단 소감부터 밝히자면, 매우 유감입니다. 저는 오프라인 모드가 지원되는 크롬앱을 너무나 잘 사용하고 있었기 때문인데요. […]

Wilmen J. Martinez (@Javiermz7)

Good to see a development (I think more than one year since last update). I am looking into the Workflowy´s clone tool called Dynalist but going back to Workflowy because they relieve in Markdown for simple formatting (bold, italic,etc) and it mess the things around (not a fan), and Workflowy feels smoother and faster.
I hope that next update won´t be in 2018.
It would be great to see hyperlinks inside a word and some colors

Yeah, I promise there will be more updates in 2017 🙂

xbeta

Glad to find the real desktop app for Windows. It works well in Windows 10 64-bit Simplified Chinese.

And I’d like to mention that, the desktop app with offline support is especially important for Chinese users, because workflowy.com is rather slow, and chrome app store is unavailable in China unless with some VPN proxy.

PS. There is a new and similar app named mubu/幕布 with mindmap/image support in China. https://mubu.com/

david
david

Hi, runing on Win7 (french) Workflowy doesn’t install : (
Reading above, i’m not the only one in that case

Reply to  david

Yeah, going to change the installer on Windows

Mike
Mike

I applaud the effort, but unfortunately I’m reliant on the plethora of add-ons that Frank promotes in his blogs….

Reply to  Mike

Yeah, we’re hoping to make more of that kidn of stuff available within the app.

B
B

I think this works well. The UI is better than the web app, and no issues so far. I like it.

To be honest, though, the thing that’s gotten me to put less and less of my information in Workflowy over the past few years is the mobile app. Offline issues aside, I already had a nice experience using Workflowy on the computer via safari. On mobile, though, it’s a hassle to use the app, with the text input (whatever you call it when the cursor pops up) being so easily activated when you’re scrolling — in a way that hasn’t happened with any other app I’ve used for notes/writing/etc. If I have a quick note to jot down, I’d much rather use Apple Notes/Bear/etc because it’s so much easier. Not to mention smaller issues like functions from the web version not even existing on the mobile version.

So, well done on the web app, but given how much I — and presumably many others — rely on mobile, I’d really appreciate some more emphasis on improving that experience.

Adam Pearson (@AdamPearsonOrg)
Reply to  B

Getting text in on the mobile app is indeed onerous, but still a lot easier than getting text out again… having to copy/paste one item at a time is punishingly slow.

camillehuot

I like workflowy.
But 135MB for a bullet list, seriously?

Reply to  camillehuot

Haha. That’s just the app runtime, pretty standard! Our code is a tiny fraction of that.

Brinki
Brinki

is it possible to install at portable ?

Reply to  Brinki

I don’t know what “install at portable” means. Can you clarify?

Brinki
Brinki
Reply to  Jesse Patel

I mean can I used the desktop-app on USB-Stick ?

Johann Kenny

You wasted your time, effort and money.

Worse still, you have burnt your first mover advantage.

Why regress to a desktop when the world of work is online.

You will lose existing clients like myself over this poor strategy.

Focus on web and mobile delivery. It’s what your competitors are doing.

The 1st rule of business is to give clients what they need. And, admittedly, what they need to be competitive in the future may not be what they are clamering for right now.But, it certainly isn’t a desktop app.

yosemite
yosemite
Reply to  Johann Kenny

Awesome! It’s working great for me. I love how fast this is. Thousands of items, no problem.

To counter the whining… give clients what they want – sure, if you can. I’m a client, and I want… fast and powerful desktop. So, I thank you.

I do think it would be great to improve the android and ios apps, if you can, but I personally will hardly ever use them. I’ve moved on, back to light powerful laptop(s) etc. The phone is for phone calls, everything else is done on a real computer. Peace!

s6mike
Reply to  yosemite

“The phone is for phone calls, everything else is done on a real computer. ”

Glad you’re happy with the latest, but I think that’s the opposite direction most of the world is moving in.

I second the surprise that this is the what workflowy team have been working on.

Wouldn’t it be better to made the web version work offline instead? And I’ve never found it too slow.

Reply to  s6mike

This isn’t the main thing we’ve been working on, it is just a thing that was ready to be released. Mobile is definitely more important in the big picture, and it will be getting a lot of love soon.

Simon
Simon
Reply to  yosemite

But you’re not one of the over 60% who accesses the internet via mobile, you’re in a minority. Developing for a minority has rarely proved to be successful, but who knows.

Considering that 90% of people’s time on their mobile device is spent using apps as opposed to 10% in their browser, it is a very poor choice for Workflowy not to provide a robust mobile app.

By “mobile” we’re not just talking about smartphones. Tablets now eclipse smartphones in internet access. Many people no longer own a “real computer”, they own a kindle fire or iPad or Android tablet. “Real computers” are no longer a necessity for many people who can do most things from editing a Word document to writing emails and skyping with family. What they cannot do well is use Workflowy.

yosemite
yosemite
Reply to  yosemite

All I know is that just like the post says, this Workflowy desktop app absolutely screams on my Surface Pro and it works great even disconnected from the net (which I often am). No way that an android or ios version is going to be anywhere near this fast or powerful. So, I’m delighted. 🙂

Robert Šámal
Robert Šámal

Nice, thank you!
Works well on Ubuntu 16.10.

Two issues I spotted
1) after clicking on an URL, browser opens (chrome), but does not open the page — as it should and as it does on the chrome-based desktop app.

2) would be nice to have an icon that the system can use for the button on the Launcher, for application switching, etc. This also worked out-of-the-box for the chrome-based app.

One more question:
— Is it possible to start two instances of the app? (It would be useful, but doesn’t seem to work.)

Thanks again, being independent of Chrome is nice — for future _and_ for those many moments, when chrome crashes …

Robert

sunday_mf
sunday_mf

I started to use the Windows version (on Windows 10 CU x64). The full offline support is very nice!
Just one thing. The desktop app does not remember windows size and position, which is very inconvenient.

Gavin Elster

Awesome work! Always glad to see updates from the WorkFlowy team. This is a huge improvement over the Chrome app, with its weird/annoying app management.

I’d love to have the benefit of offline support, but here’s what currently holds me back from using the desktop app. They’re two styling issues that can be solved with some simple CSS:

– No max-width for the main content. This makes readability terrible on larger screens. Ideally it would be centered, with a max-width, like we have on the web app.
– The header doesn’t squish down for small window widths. I mostly use WorkFlowy with macOS’s split screen functionality, so it’s often squished to the side of my screen. Doing so cuts off the current toolbar. Not a dealbreaker, but annoying nonetheless. This can be solved by hiding some buttons on smaller screens and using a flexbox layout to make the search bar fill up available space (and shrink appropriately). Here’s what it look like with my custom stylesheet: http://i.imgur.com/8MWYppv.png

I currently use Fluid to run the web app as its own separate app, and I added a custom stylesheet to address both issues. I also used the following icon which I feel fits in better with the macOS aesthetic: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nathos/8497720151

Reply to  Gavin Elster

Nice! We’re planning on enabling custom stylesheets in WorkFlowy

leo424y

Great job. It make WorkFlowyers love WorkFlowy more!

kapilrakh

After several months of waiting, Workflowy team has released an update that no one requested.
#BrokenPromises #MobileFirst?
Remember this:
Revisit this:

Reply to  kapilrakh

Hi! Thank you for the comment, we are indeed beginning the process of designing out in the open and starting work on the projects people care about most. We unfortunately had some internal disagreements last year that prevented further work on the dates/reminders stuff.

The reason for this update is simple: the desktop experience is better for most people, lots of people use our current desktop app, and Google is discontinuing the platform that our current app relies upon. So this was a necessary step for us. I do understand the frustration though, and I hope that you’ll soon be happy to see us making progress on the product.

Simon
Simon
Reply to  Jesse Patel

“The reason for this update is simple: the desktop experience is better for most people,…”

As opposed to what? Your non-developed mobile app?

There isn’t exactly a choice is there? You have chosen not to develop a mobile app so people have to use a desktop browser.

I also don’t understand your strategy considering over 60% of internet access is from a mobile device. Most web development has a mobile first strategy.

Guess you guys know something we don’t.

Pat
Pat

Installed with no problems on Ubuntu 14.04 running as chroot alongside Chrome OS and on Windows 7 Enterprise, except the Windows 7 version has Terminal font looking exactly like Typewriter…

Wayne Nichols
Wayne Nichols

Sorry I should have added I’m on a MAC.

Reply to  Wayne Nichols

If you drag it to the applications folder, then double click on the WorkFlowy icon, does it launch the app?

Wayne
Wayne

No it does not.

Reply to  Wayne

Huh

Wayne
Wayne
Reply to  Jesse Patel

Jesse, thanks for your help. Let me work on it tomorrow. I may have a different issue working against me.

Wayne
Wayne
Reply to  Jesse Patel

Jesse, I’ve been out of town for a week so I’m just getting back into working with the desktop app. When I drag to the applications folder and then double click on the WorkFlowy icon it does launch WorkFlowy and open my file but it looks the same as before. How do I know whether or not the app installed?

Wayne Nichols
Wayne Nichols

I can’t see that anything happened. I have the Workflowy 0.0.1 icon on my desktop. Should my Workflowy file be open before I drag the icon?

I’m sure I’m doing something wrong.

Wayne >

Erwin S.

Working on Win7-64bit! Sync’d with no problems so far. Thanks!

On another note, can’t wait for an updated version for Chromebook. Asus Chromebook Flip is my main device. Workflowy chrome app would never connect when VPN extension was on, so had to disable that extension in order to sync. Then I would switch the VPN back on when done. I switched to the Android version since it can run on the Flip. It works with the VPN on, but never could move items successfully. In the process of reconfiguring networks so VPNs are router based, not device based, so definitely looking forward to Chrome app extension!

Good stuff, guys and gals!

Reply to  Erwin S.

I’m sorry to hear about the VPN issues :/

Erwin S.
Reply to  Jesse Patel

Thanks. Will be resolved soon enough.

John Hubbard

Any way to integrate color tags in the desktop version? I just got used to them online.

inkstain
inkstain

Nice start for a dedicated app. Installed fine for me on Ubuntu 16.04 64bit w/ESET and Win7 Pro 64bit w/Kaspersky. Developer tools work fine on both

Gord B.
Gord B.

The installer on my Win 7 PC did not leave a Workflowy program icon on the desktop or start programs. Did appear in programs control panel. Win 10 PC install was perfect.
I think there should be a developer feedback method that doesn’t blog it to all. Did I miss finding it?

Reply to  Gord B.

Yeah, email help@workflowy.com with subject “[desktop] whatever”

rawbytz
Reply to  Jesse Patel

I have an old netbook running Linux and the executable failed. Can you make a 32bit version of .AppImage? That might be the issue with some of these Win7 failures too.

Volker
Volker

I second all of this. Love the hackability of the web version.

isoas42
isoas42

Doesn’t center the text in the window like the web app does – this makes full screen very awkward as all the text is on the left side. I like the idea of a desktop app though for sure.

Adam Pearson (@AdamPearsonOrg)
Reply to  isoas42

upvote for text centering!

davestewart

I don’t see what this offers over the web version, if anything?

Things I’m not so keen on:

– missing URL, though if you pushed me I probably don’t use it as much as I think I do
– full-width layout. Not sure why, I feel it would be good to be able to set this

I’d like to see:

– a better interface for favourites (would prefer a list; even a workflowy page, better editing / buttons)
– better themes / ability to customise theme / stylesheet
– better search highlighting in dark mode

TBH, I spend so much time in the browser, and usually have several WF tabs open, I can’t see myself moving to a standalone app unless I could do this.

Not sure how helpful that is.

csicilia

Jesse. I can’t install it. I’m using Windows 7. : (

Reply to  csicilia

Hrm … Will have to debug.

Ian LeBlanc
Ian LeBlanc

Speed is great! Not sure if it’s enough to justify giving up my stylish extensions…

Reply to  Ian LeBlanc

Yeah, I’m thinking of creating a way for people to contribute custom styles.

KONNEKT

Many thanks Jesse – I was wistfully thinking of this release literally yesterday! Highly delighted to see and use this!!!

The view zoom function alone further justifies my recently reversing my move to Dynalist. On the subject of which, I’m using Dvorak keyboard with Qwerty key commands, and the zoom in/out (cmd+ and cmd-) don’t work with it. Minor point, but to be added to the list.

ROCK ON!!!

Teutelbier
Teutelbier

That’s so amazing! Thanks!
Just one tiny thing: I use emojis to get a great overview of my top level lists. Some of them are not displayed correctly. I assume this only effects “combined” emojis like the flags or the numbers in boxes.

Reply to  Teutelbier

What platform are you on? Can you share workflowy doc that has an example that works on the web but not in here?

Teutelbier
Teutelbier
Reply to  Jesse Patel

I’m on the latest macOS. And it’s about those emojis for example: 0️⃣1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣ …

Mark Root-Wiley

Super excited for this! Installed and hit a snag.

The “Your Past Week” window popped up when I logged in. None of the “View” links appear to work except for the Referrals one. The recommending and upgrading links also work.

A nitpick: Down arrow for settings button is the lighter gray of “Saved” and not the darker gray of “Help”. I have always found it weird too that “Save” appears as a button between other buttons even though it’s not functional. What if there were visible “Saving” and “Unsaved” messages in the lower-right corner only when those states were active.

Other than that, UI looks nice so far and the noticeable performance improvement with “Completed: Visible” and 40K+ bullets is *amazing*.

One comment that applies to this and the webapp: I almost always use the window so that it’s narrower than the top bar can go. Getting the bar (search, completed, star, etc.) to collapse better in all views would be greatly appreciated.

Katrina Lazenby
Katrina Lazenby

Downloaded it, looks good! Will let you know if there are any problems. (still could be cuter)

Yeah, the cuteness factor is something we need to work on!

Writch
Writch
Reply to  Jesse Patel

Also… needs more cowbell.

lwhitty
lwhitty

Linux version working great on Fedora 25. Would love to see the desktop app support colors and highlights like the Chrome version does with the Stylish extension.

killroy42
killroy42

Dark theme, please, or some kind of external style support 🙂

Reply to  killroy42

Yep, would like to allow people to create and share styles.

dvasella
Reply to  killroy42

Absolutely support that. I’m running my own style sheet and can’t go back to the built-in styles.

tpolzinku
tpolzinku

Love that you are working on a way to replace the Chrome app (since Google is discontinue Chrome apps). Two main points that keep me from using the current Chrome app and this desktop program.

1. URLs are missing for the bullet I’m currently zoomed into. I frequently copy the URL to a different point in my outline so I can quickly switch back and forth. The URL links work in the desktop program, but I’d still have to open a web browser each time I need to create a new link.

2. The back and forward button doesn’t work with my mouse’s forward and back button. I can fix this with autohotkey, but would be beneficial for other users. Would also make the back/forward operate the same both on web and desktop.

rawbytz
Reply to  tpolzinku

Yep, “Copy Link” would make a nice addition to the bullet hover menu.

This will return the zoomed bullet url in the browser console log:

console.log(document.getElementsByClassName(‘project selected’)[0].getElementsByClassName(‘bullet’)[0].href);

Developer Tools are available in the app, but it’s not working… but not throwing an error either. “document” probably needs to be defined differently. It wouldn’t be pretty, but it’s probably AHK-able.

And don’t get me started on WorkFlowy’s hijack of Chrome’s back/forward history shortcuts… grrr.

Reply to  rawbytz

Hrm, developer tools work for me, odd. Yeah, adding a “copy link” seems like a good idea.

James Kuijpers
Reply to  rawbytz

Getting the URL of a workflowy node is one of the few reasons why I end up switching to workflowy in the webpage. (And there doing a search for nodes modified in the last 5 minutes to easily get there though)

The only other two reasons are;
2. seeing images (using https://blog.workflowy.com/2016/01/06/inline-images/ )
3. having multiple workflowy pages next to each other, useful if you’re working and comparing branches for some reason.

NPM
NPM
Reply to  tpolzinku

as a further complication, any links that you do already have to other parts of workflowy take you out of the app and into the browser. Should really stay in the app surely?

rawbytz
Reply to  NPM

hmm, not having that issue. Internal links working fine here.

NPM
NPM
Reply to  NPM

OK, one link goes off to safari. All the others stay internal. Can’t see what is different about that one link.

James Kuijpers
Reply to  NPM

@NPM if your link starts with https:// it will stay in the workflowy app, but if you remove the https:// part the link will leave the workflowy app.

So, that’s probably the difference in the link ^^

For instance;
https://workflowy.com/#/8c1f85408341 –> goes to that node without leaving workflowy app/site
workflowy.com/#/8c1f85408341 –> launches that page in a new website.

NPM
NPM
Reply to  James Kuijpers

No, this is an https link. Not really that worried about it because its the only one.

EvB
EvB

Tried to install, aborted under Win 7 Prof. (running Sophos AV and Symantec Endpoint Protection)

Reply to  EvB

Okay, seems like we have a Win 7 issue, other people are reporting.

Kyle
Kyle

What is the difference between this new desktop app and the existing desktop app?

Reply to  Kyle

A few things. The platform for existing Chrome app is being sunset by Google. But there are also a bunch of small details where Google made Chrome Apps behave differently from normal apps, such as when you Alt+tab/Command+tab to switch, they don’t show up, and you can only launch them from Google’s weird app launcher thing, unless you fiddle with things.

Joel Bennett (@jpbbennett)

Would like the functionality of the color coding based on the tags we use, like we have in the chrome extension. Ability to customize background more.

Malcolm
Malcolm

Yeah, desktop support is nice but using WorkFlowy without my half-dozen userstyles will only be a last resort for me. Why not just add service-worker-based offline support and insta-load to the in-browser app?

Also it looks like I can open multiple instances of the app, but the second one hangs forever at the loading spinner. Which means I can’t use it the way I currently use WorkFlowy: with many tabs open to different nodes. Furthermore, use of tabs better enables things like bookmarking and so on. If I want a tab in its own window, I can drag it to its own window.

I’m not sure if you’re using Electron, but it seems you’re using something like it at least, so I want to wave this at you: https://josephg.com/blog/electron-is-flash-for-the-desktop/

Other feedback: the back/forward buttons on my mouse don’t work in the desktop app.

George
George
Reply to  Malcolm

Indeed, the multiple windows open way of working is amazing – sadly the app is very mono-threaded, which makes nav more of a pain than it should be…

Being able to post in photos on mobile etc, would be more useful, or create live alert dates, or…. but a mono-threaded windows app, with no style sheets…. I guess I don’t get it. Why is this better?

glennpj
glennpj

What about Chromebooks? How does this new app compare to the existing Chrome app?

Thanks.

Reply to  glennpj

This doesn’t support Chromebooks. Chrome apps are being sunset, we’ll still publish it for Chromebooks, but most people aren’t on them.

glennpj
glennpj
Reply to  Jesse Patel

Chrome apps are being sunset on the Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms; but not for ChromOS/Chromebooks. That said, it seems like Google wants to run Android apps on Chromebooks so Chrome apps on Chromebooks will likely eventually go away, just not as soon.

Thanks.