For the last few months we’ve been hard at work on the WorkFlowy mobile app. Last month we released the updated WorkFlowy iOS app. Today it is my pleasure to announce that the Android version is complete. This is a major improvement on the old app, and we’re excited for you to try it.
- Visual refresh gives the app a modern feel
- Fixes dozens of longstanding bugs and quirks
- The big ‘+’ button allows you to easily add new items to the top of the current list
- Revamps navigation, making it easier for you to get around
- Breadcrumbs that stay at the top of the page
- Home button
- The ‘Star’ menu gives you quick access to bookmarked lists, and lets you instantly add to any of them
- Instant access to search
- Back button now follows Android conventions
- You can undo or redo changes using buttons under the ‘…’ menu.
- You can now swipe any item from left to right to mark it completed
- Edit controls have moved above the keyboard for improved one-hand usage
- Improving and polishing the app based on your feedback
- Bringing more of the functionality from the desktop app into the mobile app, including:
- Deleting Items
- Adjustable font size and line spacing
- Improvements for @tags and #tags, like auto-complete and quick filters
- External keyboard support
Where to give feedback?
If you try the app and want to tells us what could be better, we’ve created a section of our support site where you can submit your feedback and vote on other people’s suggestions.
I want to give a special thanks to the intrepid few that answered our call last month for early alpha testing of the Android app. They were with us through all the quirks of an alpha product (including the day that I briefly broke the keyboard) and helped us hammer out dozens of bugs.
I also want to thank the over 600 beta testers that have been using the app for the past week and helping us make sure it is ready for this momentous day.
Last November when we started on this journey to reinvigorate the WorkFlowy mobile experience, Jesse and I observed that with us both owning iPhones, we were poorly positioned to empathize with the large contingent of loyal WorkFlowy Android fans. Therefore, even though I have carried an iPhone since the first version was released a decade ago, I bought a Google Pixel 2 and the iPhone 6S went into a drawer. Like all of you, I have been using the old WorkFlowy Android app since then (cursor bugs and all) so it is with great excitement that I am able to share the new app with all of you.
We hope you love the new app, and we’re excited to keep improving it.
PS – If you haven’t gone to the Play store and given us a review, we would love if you could do that (5 stars would be greatly appreciated, but only if deserved).