Hey there Workflowy folks, we wanted to share a quick update of the latest bugs 🐛 and issues we’ve fixed recently.
With all the activity going into releasing features to labs and to our Workflowy user group, we wanted to lift the curtain a bit and show you that we’re also busy addressing bugs and issues.
The list below is just a selection of the bugs a regular user was likely to have seen or experienced. We also fixed several infrastructure issues that don’t really make a lot of sense unless you’re working on the Workflowy codebase so we won’t mention those ⚙️. Needless to say, there’s also a lot of work being done on that end as well.
So let’s get right to it.
What bugs were fixed?
🐛 “This document doesn’t exist” page is shown after following an invitation link again with another account.
- This occured when a user followed an invitation link an embedded the shared item, then tried to embed the same item with a different account.
🐛 Clicking on an external link hosted on workflowy.com with an anchor tag redirected to the root page.
- With this bug, the link should take you to the actual linked page and not the root page. A very annoying bug.
🐛 Japanese / Chinese keyboard layout not working with backlinks, mirrors and triggering jump-to menu.
- This was a case of how our search functionality worked clashing with certain keyboard layouts, preventing users from using those.
🐛 Android app not rendering typed links as hyperlinks.
- If you typed in a link in the android app, instead of creating a hyperlink you would get regular text.
🐛 Inability to upload a single image / file on Android 11 chosen from ‘My files’ directory.
- You simply couldn’t upload an image or a file stored on your device if you attempted to upload from the ‘My files’ directory on Android 11.
🐛 Expand / collapse arrows are horizontally misaligned with text on Android and iOS.
- In an app like ours with a minimalist interface, even the tiniest misalignments seem much bigger, and more annoying.
🐛 Text formatting context menu disappears when synced with the data from the server.
- In this bug you would be changing the format of some text and the context menu would disappear as data was synced from the server.
🐛 Workflowy app was not allowed to run on a “Microsoft Teams” tab.
- Users were unable to run a tab with Workflowy in Microsoft teams. The issue is now fixed on the web version of Teams.
And if you have any bug reports you haven’t already shared on our social media channels (Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, Slack group), please share them with us on our zendesk form.
And there you have it, see you in the next update! 🇺🇦