Following our previous post about creating new pages using [[, we wanted to thank you for your feedback and to share our updated design.
As we start building this feature, you can help us to improve it further. Read to the bottom of this post to see how.
Let’s run through the design first of all.
Web and desktop
1. The editor begins typing the name of their new linked page.
2. After typing three characters, the editor gets suggested links, with the top result selected. They can use the keyboard to navigate the results. Updated: We’ve added the bullet icon so that it’s clear that the user is linking to a page. The ‘Create’ option is now at the bottom of the link window and can be accessed by cycling through the results or by pressing up from the top result.
3. The editor finishes typing, and there aren’t any matching bullets. They see an option to create a page in a new or previously saved location. Updated: We’ve included a scrollable pane of recent saved locations, saving the editor a click through to the location search.
4. The editor uses the keyboard or mouse to select the ‘Find location’ option, allowing them to choose a location for the new page.
5. As the editor types in keywords, we show potential matching locations. The editor can use the up/down arrow keys and choose a location by pressing ‘Enter’ or clicking.
6. The new linked page is created in the chosen location. The editor can resume typing.
1. The editor begins typing ‘[[‘ to create a link or taps on the keyboard accessory.
2. After typing three characters, the editor is shown suggested links. They can scroll through and tap results. Updated: The ‘New’ button is anchored above the keyboard.
3. The editor finishes typing, and there aren’t any matching bullets. They see an option to create a page in a new or previously saved location. Updated: We’ll show a scrollable table of recent saved locations with the ‘Find location’ option fixed to the top of the keyboard.
4. The editor taps ‘Find location’ and uses a keyword search to bring up matching locations, selecting one with a tap.
5. The new linked page is created in the chosen location. The editor can resume typing.
Help us make this feature better
We’re starting development work on this feature and are looking for Workflowy users to join us in usability testing interviews.
These sessions will last for about 15 minutes and will help us make the feature better.
If you’d like to be involved, email us at email@example.com.
Pleeeeease prioritise releasing this
Hey Ricardo, we’re working on this as I type. Keep an eye out for an update soon!
Great, it’s finally possible to link future dates.
let’s kill obsidian 🙂
Eureka!! Workflowy gets even better!
This improves my work flow immensely for writing new ideas and project development for stories and youtube videos. Thank you so much!
Very good, so that the use of links is very flexible
Hi, do you have any idea when this feature [[Create new page]] will be available ?
It’s not possible in my desktop app
This feature is still in development. No one has it yet.
Hey Henda, it’s currently being tested internally. I can’t give a specific date but it should be coming to beta relatively soon.
I need this !
I like this feature. The updates look good. Can’t wait to use it,
La dirección de correo electrónico está incompleta o roto.
Ya funciona. Gracias