Now here’s a no-fuss extension which shows images when hovering over image links in WorkFlowy (and the whole of the www, really). The best part about it?… No Markdown formatting is required for links, it works in all major browsers… and it doesn’t break your WorkFlowy flow.
Whether you’re adding Imagus as an extension to Chrome or an add-on in Firefox (etc.), it’s as easy as 2 clicks:
After refreshing WorkFlowy in your browser, here’s the result:
Opera, Firefox, Chrome, Safari… and more.
Web page (for other browsers)
(But two of the) cool features
(1) Right click (long press) on an image link to “activate” an image
- You can then zoom by scrolling the mouse wheel/ 2-finger scroll on mousepad
- You can drag the image to desktop (or elsewhere)
(2) Anywhere on the web you can hover over thumbnail images to enlarge them… heck, you can even use this to expand the WorkFlowy blog images now! Take it for a spin 🙂
Extension Options > Preferences
There are a load of options to tinker with. I’ve looked through all of them and recommend the following 4 tweaks:
- Display delay (ms) – set to 0 (zero)
- Add hovered links to the browser history – uncheck to not clutter browser history
- Show caption text – toggle for preference
- Custom style (CSS) (check advanced button) – cleaner border: change “box-shadow: 0 0 2px” to “box-shadow: 0 0 0px”
A search tip
Most of your image links in your account will have an image extension in the URL, so you can search account wide from your home page by using the “OR” operator:
- .png OR .jpg OR .gif
- … or whatever else might predominantly occur in your image links
Are you holding out on us?
If you’re sitting on any useful tips, tricks or ways of using WorkFlowy that you’d like to share with all WorkFlowyans everywhere, please touch base with me: frankman777(at)gmail(dot)com
Get EXCLUSIVE bite-sized WorkFlowy updates: tips, tricks & news about FREE online workshops with Frank Degenaar. Sign up here.