Maybe you’ve never warmed to the idea of having a calendar of chronological dates in WorkFlowy because you’re put off by the idea of manually setting it up – One. List. At. A. Time. I used to have my own way of automating it all… but still, I wanted it to be simpler.
A WorkFlowy hero reached out to me by email a couple of months ago with a template of all the possible date/day combinations that exist from now until kingdom come. It’s actually a much smaller template than you’re thinking right now. A huge shout-out to Christiano Lima Santos from Brazil for sharing this genius solution. I’m kicking myself for not having thought of this.
I’ve been sitting on this template for a couple of months already. Sorry for holding out on you! Here’s a demo of what I do whenever I want to include another month in my calendar outline:
- I hit a link tucked away at the end of my calendar,
- check the day that the new month I want to copy starts with and…
- copy the right list of dates into my calendar
The genius of the “Forever Calendar” is its set of 7 lists: Each month has to start with one of the 7 days of the week, right? I don’t know why… it just does. So you would just copy the list that starts the month with the day you’re looking for. Once you’ve pasted into your calendar, if your month doesn’t have 31 days, just delete the extra day.
Did you know that there’s no limit to the size of shared lists you can add to (embed in) your WorkFlowy account if you’re a basic/ free user? It won’t count toward your monthly list limit… so go ahead and add the template to your account 🙂
- If you’re looking to set up a calendar in WorkFlowy, here’s a post I wrote a couple of years back on what I like to call the “Kanban Calendar”. It’s still as current as it ever was 🙂
- If you’d like to change up the “Forever Calendar” template quickly, say, change “Mon, Tue, Wed” to “MON, TUE, WED” or “Thu” to “Thursday” or even change up the language – you needn’t do it manually. Follow the advice in this post about [Automated] Searching and Replacing in WorkFlowy. You’ll get it done in a snap.
Hopefully you’ll know what to do with this shared WorkFlowy list.
Share this on Twitter
Get EXCLUSIVE bite-sized WorkFlowy updates: tips, tricks & news about FREE online workshops with Frank Degenaar. Sign up here.