I’ve been working on a desktop app for WorkFlowy, and it’s almost ready to go. Before we launch it, though, it would be super helpful if people would try it out and report any issues.
If you’re using WorkFlowy as your information home base, the desktop app is just a much better experience than the web app. Here’s why:
Why Desktop Is Better
- Full offline support
- Super fast startup
- More quickly accessible
I’m super happy about this impending release. I think it will become the primary way people use WorkFlowy on their computers.
Please install it and give feedback!
Once you install it, you can either leave comments on this post, or email email@example.com with the subject: “[desktop] whatever your subject is”
Here are instructions for each of the three platforms the app will support:
After installing these apps, they will automatically update with new versions of WorkFlowy as we release them.
How to Install WorkFlowy for Windows
- Download WorkFlowy For Windows
- The file finishes downloading, click “Run”
- Windows will give you a big warning because the app is new and hasn’t been installed many times yet. To get around this, When you see the big blue window with the “Don’t Run” button, you have to click “More info” and then click “Run Anyway”.
How to Install WorkFlowy for Mac
- Download WorkFlowy For Mac
- Open the WorkFlowy-0.0.1.dmg file
- Drag the WorkFlowy icon onto your application folder, like normal.
How to Install WorkFlowy for Linux
- Download WorkFlowy For Linux
- Open your terminal and change the permissions on the file to allow execution, so something like the following (with a longer file name):
chmod a+x WorkFlowy.AppImage
- Click on the WorkFlow.AppImage file or run from the terminal while you’re in there